Monday, March 27, 2006

Not the same anymore

Today is the official day that I have entered into a new phase of my scriptwriting program. I did a count and realised that it has been two years and three months since my acting class first started, around one year and nine months since the screenwriting program started. It has been one year and eight months since I left my dad's company to pursue screenwriting, which means that long without a stable job and source of income. Finally, I am moving into another phase, a phase that I have been waiting for a long time. Things will not be the same anymore.

White Bear, Self Talent and myself were talking about our past a few nights ago (Self Talent too is on the journey to seek Him). It has been quite some time since we started on this journey, and what a journey this has been. All the tests and trials that had gone by had molded us to become who we are now. It is amazing to see how the Storyteller had been there all the time, protecting and guiding our lives, slowly revealing Himself to us though we did not know it. But today we can say, we know Him. We are not the same anymore.

For me personally, it has been 10 years, 3 months and 3 days since I started on the journey to seek Him. There were times when I was stagnant, there were times when I moved fairly quickly. There were times when I would shout with jubilation, and there were times of silent tears. There were times of safe refuge, and there were times of great risk. One thing I can be sure of, it is never easy.

The spiritual life cannot be made suburban. It is always frontier, and we who live in it must accept and even rejoice that it remains untamed.
Howard Macey

Safe? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good.
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

But though it is not easy, I will still keep on walking and running and swimming and crawling forward. As long as the Storyteller grips my hands, as long as the Son intercedes for me, as long as the Dove is there to guide me to the right direction, I will go forward. And I know, I will not be the same anymore. I am becoming the person He wants me to be.

No comments: