Monday, March 13, 2006

It will come

As pilgrim makes his way past a slum, where the poor and sick and underprivileged dwell, a man full of white hair standing nearby shouted out to him,

Stranger: Where are you going my friend?

And pilgrim turned and responded,

Pilgrim: Oh hi there, I am on my way to find the Story teller of my life.

Stranger: I see, You have the book of records on your left hand and another book like a journal on your right, your bags are packed and you even have the right shoes for the journey. Where are you going?

Pilgrim looks puzzled.

Pilgrim: I... I am on my way to find him, the Story teller.. of my life.

Stranger: I know you are on your way to find Him, the same can be said of me. But...

Pilgrim spies the same book of records on a table nearby.

Stranger: But don't you see there are people here that need your help?

Pilgrim: I would offer my help kind sir, but my rations are low and I need to be on my way.

Stranger: I am not asking for alot, just an amount as the Dove would tell you to.

Pilgrim consults the Dove.

Pilgrim: That is an awful lot that I am afraid I do not have.

Stranger: It will come to you... like it used to when two fishes and five loaves of bread fed a multitude. It will come. You do not have to give everything today, but as you start giving, it will come.

Pilgrim: I know what you say is true, for that is the nature of the Story teller. It is not easy for me, but as the Dove instructs, so in faith will I give.

Stranger: In faith, that is as pleasing to the heart as it sounds, for this faith I know will not fail. You are a pilgrim on a journey, and the little that you give today will yet make thousands more pilgrims in time to come. And this is all that matters.

Pilgrim: Verily verily I agree. I thank you for bringing this up to me, for I do not want to think when I see the Story teller, I would be with just a few friends. I do dream that it was crowded, a festive crowd.

Stranger: And indeed it will be... Where are you going my dear friend?

Pilgrim: I am on my way to find the Story teller of my life, and bringing others together with me.

Stranger: Well said, but before you go on any further, perhaps you want to take a look inside the tent where the children are in, for the Son is here.

No comments: