Friday, September 15, 2006

In His Hands

Gifts for exchange, goods for exchange,
Everyone can come, no matter what age,
Nothing is too cheap, and nothing too dear,
There is only one fear - you do not believe what you hear.

"A broken toy is all I have", a little boy laments,
"I broke it with my clumsy hands but I have since repent."
"Give it to me my dear child and go put on a smile,
I can make it new again, just have to wait awhile."

"A worn out shoe is all I have", says a teenage girl in tears,
"I danced and practiced all day long to fit in with my peers."
"Give it to me my dear child and rest your heart and feet,
You are precious and special, these words you must first keep."

"A failed business plan is all I have", a young man interjects,
"I wanted to make a million but now I am in debt."
"Would you trust me and believe me to take a step a time?
Not jump at every opportune just to make one more dime?"

Can we be like that little child with those clumsy hands,
When he knew that he is wrong he will soon repent.
Or are we like the teenage girl, whose eyes were on the shoe?
Unless she first keeps those words new shoes will wear out soon.

Or are we like the young man who had a business plan?
Even with a million, the chasing will never end.
Can we put everything, all in our Lord's hands,
Hear Him and obey Him, not follow what the world demands.

In His Hands by Pilgrim

No comments: